Central vital consciousness is dynamic, sensational and passionate, deals with life-forces, the passions and larger desire-movements. It throws itself out in the wider movements of life, responsive to the greater objects of Nature. It is concerned with creation, with power and force and conquest, with giving and self-giving and gathering from the world for further action and expenditure of power. It is the main seat of our vitality and power of self assertion. Unlike the lower vital which is unwilling to take up painful and difficult tasks, the central vital thrives on challenges and difficulties, it is not worried about sensory enjoyment and pleasure, its joy is in conquest and mastery no matter how difficult the effort required. It takes great risks and thrives on adventure and strength. Presence of great vitality is an essential condition for anyone who wants to lead a large group of people especially in the domains of politics and industry. Its language of leadership is power, hierarchy and clear line of command.
It covers the region of the solar plexus in the body.
- Mastery over money power and political power requires a large and dynamic vitality well developed. Without developing this range of consciousness no one can succeed in the field of politics and industry where masses are to be mobilised and the collective vital is to be channelled.
- It creates status based on social hierarchy, a social structure based on power. Pyramidal organisational models of military, industry and government extensively rely on the central vital consciousness. The higher up on the pyramid the stronger the central vital you need.
- Individuals with strong central vital excel in war and conquest.
- Competition is natural to central vital.
- A weak central vital makes people incapable of self assertion.
Central vital, when it is not guided by reason or not refined by emotional depth, tends to be a cruel monarch. Opening to finer emotions refines the otherwise crude movements of the central vital and the presence of reason can save it from excess of violence. It is a great instrumental power and therefore must be used as such. Its true mastery and use emerge only when the psychic emerges as the master of the house and directs the reason, emotions and the passions through its rhythms of harmony establishing a greater level of freedom and mastery in the user of this power.
Power, Passion, Expansion, Conquest, Ambition, Adventure, Courage, Heroism, Status, Impatience, Restlessness, Wrath, Revenge
- Central vital consciousness is dynamic, sensational and passionate, deals with life-forces, the passions and larger desire-movements.
- It throws itself out in the wider movements of life, responsive to the greater objects of Nature.
- It is is concerned with creation, with power and force and conquest, with giving and self-giving and gathering from the world for further action and expenditure of power.
- Its characteristic weaknesses are hatred, anger, wrath, fear, struggle, disgust, revenge and all the stupendous play of passion which is the drama of life in the world.